Low sperm count symptoms might include: Problems with sexual function — for example, low sex drive or difficulty maintaining an erection(erectile dysfunction) Pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area.
HOW DO ONE KNOW IF ONE HAS LOW SPERM COUNT?
Low sperm count symptoms might include: Problems with sexual function — for example, low sex drive or difficulty maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction) Pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area. Decreased facial or body hair or other signs of a chromosome or hormone abnormality.
WHAT CAUSES LOW SPERM COUNT?
The production of sperm is a complex process and requires normal functioning of the testicles (testes) as well as the hypothalamus and pituitary glands — organs in your brain that produce hormones that trigger sperm production. Once sperm are produced in the testicles, delicate tubes transport them until they mix with semen and are ejaculated out of the joystick. Problems with any of these systems can affect sperm production. Also, there may be problems of abnormal sperm shape (morphology), movement (motility) or function. Often the cause of low sperm count isn’t ever identified.
WHAT ARE SOME MEDICAL CAUSES OF LOW SPERM COUNT
● Varicocele -A varicocele (VAR-ih-koe-seel) is a swelling of the veins that drain the testicle.
● Infection -Some infections can interfere with sperm production and sperm health or can cause scarring that blocks the passage of sperm.
● Ejaculation problems -Retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen enters the bladder during orgasm instead of emerging out of the tip of the joystick. Diabetes, spinal injuries, and surgery of the bladder, prostate can cause ejaculation problems.
● Hormone imbalances -The hypothalamus, pituitary, and testicles produce hormones that are necessary to create sperm.
● Certain medications -Testosterone replacement therapy, anabolic steroid use, cancer medications, antibiotic medications, and some ulcer medications can impair sperm production and decrease male fertility.
● Antibodies – Anti-sperm antibodies are immune system cells that mistakenly identify sperm as harmful invaders and attempt to destroy them.
WHAT IS SEMEN ANALYSIS?
Semen analysis, also known as a sperm count test, analyzes the health and viability of a man’s sperm. Semen is the fluid containing sperm (plus other sugar and protein substances) that’s released during ejaculation. A semen analysis measures three major factors of sperm health: the number of sperm, the shape of the sperm
the movement of the sperm, also known as “sperm motility”.
Some things you can learn from the analysis:
Also called sperm density, this is the number of sperm in millions per milliliter of semen. Fifteen million or more sperm per mL is considered normal.
This is the percentage of sperm in a sample that are moving, as well as an assessment of how they move. One hour after ejaculation, at least 32% of sperm should be moving forward in a straight line.
This is an analysis of the size, shape, and appearance of sperm.
HOW MUCH SPERM IS NEEDED TO GET PREGNANT?
Normal sperm densities range from 15 million to greater than 200 million sperm per milliliter of semen. You are considered to have a low sperm count if you have fewer than 15 million sperm per milliliter or less than 39 million sperm total per ejaculate. The World Health Organization provides guidelines for a healthy sperm count. The benchmark for a “normal” count is 20 million sperm per milliliter – given a total semen volume of 2 ml. That equates to a total number of sperm per/sample of 40 million.
WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE?
If all else has failed, then start using IMMUNOCAL. Why? Immunocal has various constituents that a bioactive, meaning that they are alive, they are components that the body makes itself. These components go directly into the cells through cellular receptors and combined together with other components of the cells to activate some chemical processes and enzymes that simply repair the body.
Here’s a list of some of the constituents, molecules, and enzymes of Immunocal that it modulates:
– Sialic Acid
A combination of these bioactive constituents of Immunocal that are modulated intracellularly considerably helps by repairing the testicles, produce more testosterone, eliminate toxins in the body, helps get rid of infections, all which in turn promotes the production of healthier sperm cells for a better chance at pregnancy.