HIV means human immunodeficiency virus and if left untreated it can lead to Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) HIV attacks the body’s immune system, specifically the CD4 cells (T cells), which help the immune system fight off infections. If left untreated, HIV reduces the number of CD4 cells (T cells) in the body, making the person more likely to get prone to infectious diseases or infection-related cancers. Over time, HIV can destroy so many of these cells that the body can’t fight off infections and disease. These opportunistic infections or cancers take advantage of a very weak immune system and signal that the person has AIDS, the last state of HIV infection. HIV replicate using a DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) strand unlike other disease which uses the RNA(ribonucleic acid) and that it is not easy to control or cure the disease.
HOW DO I KNOW I HAVE HIV
The only way to know for sure if you have HIV is to get tested in any health provider center and this should be done every three month to be sure you are free, and also get help on how to prevent by getting council by an HIV councelling and testing personnel in your local health provider
A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT AIDS
AIDS stands for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. AIDS is the final stage of HIV infection, and not everyone who has HIV advances to this stage.
AIDS is the stage of infection that occurs when your immune system is badly damaged and you become vulnerable to opportunistic infections. When the number of your CD4 cells falls below 200 cells per cubic millimeter of blood (200 cells/mm3), you are considered to have progressed to AIDS. (The CD4 count of an uninfected adult/adolescent who is generally in good health ranges from 500 cells/mm3 to 1,600 cells/mm3.) You can also be diagnosed with AIDS if you develop one or more opportunistic infections, regardless of your CD4 count.
Without treatment, people who are diagnosed with AIDS typically survive about 3 years. Once someone has a dangerous opportunistic illness, life expectancy without treatment falls to about 1 year. People with AIDS need medical treatment to prevent death.
HOW DO I PREVENT HIV
- Do not share needles or syringes, rinse water, or other equipment (“works”) used to prepare injection drugs with someone who has HIV.
- Having sexual activities such as oral sex, anal sex, or vaginal sex
- Receiving blood transfusions, blood products, or organ/tissue transplants that are contaminated with HIV. This was more common in the early years of HIV, but now the risk is extremely small because of rigorous testing in Nigeria. Blood supply and donated organs and tissues
- Eating food that has been pre-chewed by an HIV-infected person. The contamination occurs when infected blood from a caregiver’s mouth mixes with food while chewing. The only known cases are among infants
- Being bitten by a person with HIV.
- Contact between broken skin, wounds, or mucous membranes and HIV-infected blood or blood-contaminated body fluids.
- Deep, open-mouth kissing if the person with HIV has sores or bleeding gums and blood from the HIV-positive partner gets into the bloodstream of the HIV-negative partner. HIV is not spread through saliva.
- Avoid unprotected sex with partner whose status is not sure of
WHEN YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS, GET TESTED
Some people may experience a flu-like illness within 2-4 weeks after HIV infection. But some people may not feel sick during this stage.
Flu-like symptoms can include:
WHAT HAPPEN WHEN I DON’T KNOW AND I HAVE IT
If you have HIV and you are not on ART (anti-retroviral therapy), eventually the virus will weaken your body’s immune system and you will progress to AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome), the late stage of HIV infection.
Symptoms can include:
- Rapid weight loss
- Recurring fever or profuse night sweats
- Extreme and unexplained tiredness
- Prolonged swelling of the lymph glands in the armpits, groin, or neck
- Diarrhea that lasts for more than a week
- Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
- Red, brown, pink, or purplish blotches on or under the skin or inside the mouth, nose, or eyelids
- Memory loss, depression, and other neurologic disorders.
Each of these symptoms can also be related to other illnesses. So the only way to know for sure if you have HIV is to get tested.
Many of the severe symptoms and illnesses of HIV disease come from the opportunistic infections that occur because your body’s immune system has been damaged. (Read more about opportunistic infections.)
HOW CAN IMMUNOCAL HELP ME
Several treatment and therapeutic approach have been used to face the life threatening disease but research over the years have proven that IMMUNOCAL repairs damaged body cells against diseases. Thus it helps considerably in repairing the Immune System Functions against the HIV/AIDS disease condition. All the constitutents of Immunocal simply work together to repair and support the immune system cells and it’s response function.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Immunocal is a special whey protein product formulated to provide a rich source of the following constituents:
- Bonded Cysteine;
- Sialic Acid
- Serum albumin
1. Bonded Cysteine
Research has proven that Bonded Cysteine (not L-Cysteine) that helps increase the CD4 cells through the modulation of Glutathione molecule. Studies have found that glutathione deficiency in HIV+ patients leads to decreased survival rate.
Immunoglobulins support the immune system
Immunoglobulins encompass a group of proteins including IgG, IgM, IgA, and Secretory IgA, where Ig stands for “Immunoglobulin”. Infants receive immunoglobulins in breast milk imparting “passive maternal immunity” to the child which helps build the immune system. Studies suggest immunoglobulins may also support disease control in adults through similar mechanisms. One study showed that taking Immunocal (Whey Protein Isolate) rich in Ig has high antiviral and antibiotic treatment capabilities.
3. Lactoferrin (Lf)
Provides antimicrobial activity
Lactoferrin (Lf) is an iron binding protein fraction. The iron binding/chelating capacity of Lf gives it antimicrobial activity. By depriving microorganisms of iron, which is necessary for their growth, the organisms cannot continue to make us sick. This iron binding effect is antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral because all of these organisms require iron to flourish. There is data indicating that the ability of Lf to bind iron and take it away from bad organisms might also help transport it into our body for valuable health benefits. Recent research has focused on the biological activity of Lf and how it has benefits in fighting cancer, toxins, supporting the immune system, wound healing, and anti-inflammatory activity.
4. Alpha-lactalbumin (Alpha-lac)
Alpha-lactalbumin (Alpha-lac) is rich in the amino acids lysine, leucine, threonine, tryptophan, and cystine. Making up about 15-25% of whey protein. Recent research suggests Alpha-lac may have anti-cancer properties due to the antioxidant benefits of glutathione. Glutathione is produced from the amino acids in whey and is the “master antioxidant” produced by the body. Glutathione also supports the immune system, protecting you from illness and helping you recover if you do become sick.
IMMUNOCAL can help build your Immune System. How?
By increasing the production of a special molecule called Glutathione alongside other molecules in the body cells.
- Glutathione as an Antioxidant- Glutathione is a major component of every cells of your body – It is the most powerful defence mechanism in our body. The immune system cells only functions properly when there’s abundant availability of Glutathione in their cells. Modulating intracellular Glutathione (GSH) level for addressing ailments is a new concept. Migraines are associated with oxidative stress and antioxidants stop oxidative stress. You want to boost glutathione levels to crush oxidative stress and to help from getting tired always due to the dead or depleting ability of the DNA
- Glutathione as an immune system builder- glutathione helps in modulating antigen presentation to lymphocytes, increasing the magnitude of response and enhance killing activities of cytotoxins T cells and NK cells, which helps in boosting the immune system as well as increasing the CD4 count and reviving the already depleted cells, maintaining the healthy cells.
- Glutathione as a detoxifier- it detoxify carcinogens in ART drugs, harmful chemical present in chemically preserved diets, pollution, and medications from diseases can be recycled by glutathione because HIV reduce the ability to fight infection.
- Glutathione as a cellular energy restorer; Immunocal will restore cells that have been damaged or depleted due to the adverse effects of the other analogues in the liver, kidney and GI tracts (gastrointestinal tracts).
It has been established and well documented that low glutathione is a major indicator in the pathogenesis and etiology of various diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Cancer, Men Infertility, Diabetes, Heart Diseases, Respiratory Diseases, Asthma and many more.
- Studies showing that low Glutathione levels both promote HIV expression and impair T cell function suggested a link between Glutathione depletion and HIV disease progression. (1)
- Glutathione deficiency is associated with impaired survival in HIV disease. Low glutathione level leads to inadequate T-cell activity such as that seen in AIDs patients, who are particularly susceptible to Kaposi’s Sarcoma – a type of cancer to which healthy immune system are normally resistant (2)
Read Roger’s story, and find out what Immunocal, which raised his glutathione, did for him and his family here:
The following case study is taken from Dr. Jimmy Gutman’s latest bestseller
– “Glutathione – Your Key to Health”, pages 111-112:
“The first member of his family of three to be diagnosed with AIDS was the father Bob, who developed pneumonia at age forty-four. His wife Joan who developed swollen glands (lymphadenopathy), tested positive shortly afterwards. Subsequently they discovered that their two-year old son Justin was also HIV-positive, although he was asymptomatic.
Both Bob and Joan became progressively unwell and Bob quit his job due to fatigue. Both were started on the antiviral drug AZT, but both discontinued this therapy because of intolerable side-effects. Because of her vomiting and profound headaches on the drug, Joan decided not to allow her son to receive this therapy. Bob, Joan, and Justin were started on Immunocal. Both husband and wife noticed significant increase in their energy levels within weeks.
Monitoring the families’ blood tests over the next nine months, improvements in viral load, lymphocyte (white blood cell) count and specific CD4 lymphocyte values were apparent. Bob returned to work, Justin remained symptom-free, and Joan wanted another child but was convinced not to pursue this idea.”
Watch this video of testimony:
Ask your Doctor for Immunocal because it helps considerably. Many General Hospitals have attested to its efficacy in confirming the result of clinical research mentioned above.
(Inquiries 9-5 M-F: 08060057557, 01-7739399)
(Inquiries 24/7: on WhatsApp, 08098515560)
- Leonore A. Herzenberg et al. Glutathione deficiency is associated with impaired survival in HIV disease.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997 Mar 4; 94(5): 1967–1972.
- J. Gutman, 2005; Ogunmola and Babatunde, 2004
- NAFDAC Certificate of Listing Approved Indications – 2014
- Glutathione and immune function Dröge W1, Breitkreutz R. Proc Nutr Soc. 2000 Nov;59(4):595-600.
- Adapted from: L.C. Lands, V.L. Grey, and A.A. Smountas, Effect of supplementation with a cysteine donor on muscular performance. J Appl Physiol 1999 Oct; 87(4): 1381-5
- Moreno et al, 2006. J. Trop Pediatr. 52 (1): 34-8.
- Dr Pacheco, presentation in 2002 International Meeting of the Institute of Human Virology, Maryland U.S.A.
- October 15, 2009Africa,House of Numbers, Recovery, Video Storewebmaster
- Glutathione deficiency is associated with impaired survival in HIV disease.
- Perez, M.D. and Calvo, M. (1995) Interaction of beta lactoglobulin with retinol and fatty acids and its role as a possible biological function for this protein; a review. J. Dairy Sci. 78:978-988.
- Hambling, S.C., McAlpine, A.S. and Sawyer, L. (1992) Beta-lactoglobulin. In Advanced Dairy Chemistry Vol. 1. Proteins. (Fox, P.F., ed.), pp. 141-190. Elsevier Applied Science. London and New York.
- 3. Swart, P.J., Kuipers, M.E., Smit, C., Pauwels, R., DeBethune, M.P., DeCleroq, E., Meijer, D.K. and Huisman, J.G. (1996) Antiviral effects of milk proteins; acylation results in polyanionic compounds with portent activity against human immunodeficiency virus types 1 and 2 in vitro. Aids Res. Human Retroviruses 12:769-775.
- Kinsella, J.E. and Whitehead, D.M. (1989) Proteins in whey: Chemical, physical and functional properties. Adv. Food Nutr. Res. 33:343-438.
- Nagasako, Y., Saito, H., Tamura, Y., Shimamura, S. and Tomita, M. (1993) Iron binding properties of bovine lactoferrin in iron rich solution. J. Dairy Sci. 76:1876-1881.
- Swart, P.J., Kuipers, M.E., Smit, C., Van der Strate, B.W., Harmsen, M.C. and Meijer, D.K. (1998) Lactoferrin: Antiviral activity of lactoferrin. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 443:205-13.